||Liturgy for the High Holidays with Yiddish translation following the rites of Ashkenaz.
In 1847 the Shapira printing press was established by the three brothers Hanina Lipa, Aryeh Leib, and Joshua Heschel Shapira, sons of R. Samuel Abraham Abba Shapira, the printer in Slavuta. Until 1862 this was one of the only two Hebrew presses the Russian government permitted to operate in the whole of Russia, the other being in Vilna. This press had 18 hand presses and four additional large presses. In 1851 Aryeh Leib broke away and established his own printing press in Zhitomir. In these two establishments only sacred books of every kind were printed.
Zhitomir imprints were and still are widely sought after by Hasidic Jews to study and/or pray from. Ascribing a holiness to the press, they have heavily used Zhitomir imprints leaving the books in very used and poor conditions. As the original paper was sub-standard, Shapira imprints have not survived well.