R. Wolf b. Akiva Eger, German Talmudist; lived in the second half of the eighteenth century. He was born in Halberstadt, and married the daughter of R. Joseph Teomim, the rabbi of Breslau, whereupon he took up his abode in that city. He conducted a school which attracted great numbers of youth possessed of a desire for Talmudical study. After 1780 he was called as rabbi to Leipnik, which position he held until his death. Together with his brother R. Loeb he edited his father's "Mishnat de-Rabbi Akiva," and added to it a supplement of his own, Fuerth, 1781.