||Unrecorded unusual oversize leaf with the text for Kiddush for Shabbat, Rosh Ha-Shanah, and festivals. At the top of the page is the verse, “This is the table that is before the Lord” (Ezekiel 41:22) set in a border of florets and nine vertical rows of florets on each side. On the side are reminders of the necessity to say words of Torah at the meal. Below the header are the words of Psalms recited prior to grace after meals, “By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, we also wept, when we remembered Zion” (Psalms 137:1), the initial word ðäøåú being misspelled ðòøåú. Below it is, “A Song of Maalot. When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion,” (Psalms 126:1). Below these Psalms on the right side of the sheet is Friday night Kiddush, to the left Kiddush for Shabat day. Below is Kiddush for festivals and Rosh Ha-Shanah. Lack of pagination and the fact that the text is on one side of the sheet only suggests that this page was not part of a prayer book. A sheet such as this is exceedingly rare.
Hebrew printing in Fuerth was begun in 1691 by S. S. Schneur and his sons Joseph and Abraham and son-in-law Isaac Bing. From 1691 to 1698 they issued 35 works, including Sifra with commentaries. Hirsch Frankfurter opened a press which issued nine books, between 1691 and 1701. Confiscations of Hebrew books from 1702 onward account for a pause in printing until it was resumed by the Schneur family from 1722 to 1730. Between 1737 and 1774, Hayyim b. Hirsch of Wilhermsdorf published 80 works and his press continued in the family till 1868; their non-Jewish successor issued a Pentateuch with haftarot as late as 1876. Between 1760 and 1792 Isaac b. Loeb Buchbinder (not Bamberg) printed 73 Hebrew books. Joseph Petschau and his son Mendel Beer printed 17 books between 1762 and 1769. S. B. Gusdorfer was active as a printer from 1852 to 1867.