||Title: Memorial service: responsive readings, songs and hymns arranged for use in the religious service of Congregation B'nai Jeshurun (Reform).
Prayerbook for deceased relatives on their day of death anniversary. Congregation B'nai Jeshurun was founded in New York City in 1825 by a group of Ashkenazic Jews who broke off from New York's first synagogue, the Sephardic Shearith Israel. B'nai Jeshurun was only the second synagogue to be founded in New York, and the first in the city to use the Ashkenazic ritual. At the time of its founding it was only the ninth synagogue to be founded in the United States. In 1917 B'nai Jeshurun settled at its current location at West Eighty-eighth Street between Broadway and West End Avenue.