||Constitution and by-laws of the Sudilkov Shepetovka Farein, an immigrant benevolent organization formed and named after the members' birthplace or East European residence, for mutual aid, hometown aid, and social purposes, in this case, by immigrants from Kovno (Kaunas), Poland. The text is in Yiddish and English, both in their separate sections. The title page is followed by the order of business, listing twelve items, from the opening of the meeting by the president to the last, the reporting of the income and expenditures and closing the meeting. An index lists the contents, which include the constitution and by-laws, additional by-laws, nomination and election, duties of officers, initiation fees and expenses, sick benefit and relief, sick committees, finance committee, charges, punishment, rules of conduct, income, amendments to the by-laws, small matters, ten commandments, ritual, and installation of officers.
Sudilkov, from where the members of the Sudilkov Shepetovka Farein emigrated to the United States, is located in the Ukraine. Best rememberd for its famous hasidic rabbi the Degel Mahaneh Efrayim. Shepetovka, city in Khmelnitsky district, Ukraine. Its Jewish settlement was founded in the late 17th or early 18th century. In 1765 there were 317 Jewish poll-tax payers in the city. In the late 16th century it was a hasidic center, especially in the time of R. Pinhas of Koretz (1726–1791). In 1847, the Jewish population numbered 1,042, increasing to 3,880 (48.5% of the total population) in 1897. In 1926 the Jews numbered 3,916 (26.7%), and in 1939, 4,844 (20% of the total population). A Yiddish school with 300 pupils existed there. The Germans entered Shepetovka on July 5, 1941, and in July–August murdered 4,000 Jews from the town and its environs. In early 1942 a ghetto was established, and in fall 1942 it was liquidated and thousands of it inhabitants were murdered. In the late 1960s there was a Jewish population of about 2,500.