||Title: Seu Biblia parva Hebraeo-Latina, in quibus dicta insigniora omnia ex Codice Hebraeo fec. ordinem Libb. Biblicorum, & in his pleraeque, & tantum non omnes voces Hebr. & Chaldaicae Codicis S. ... opera & studio Henrici Opitii, ... quarta vice edita & ab innumeris tertiae editionis vitiis purgata ...
Small format Hebrew-Latin Bible printed and published by Johannis Caspari Meyeri. There are two title pages, the first engraved with an architectural frame, the Hebrew verse “This is no other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven” (Genesis 28:17) the Hebrew title Mikdash Me’at and a brief Latin title. The second textual title page has the Hebrew title and a lengthier lengthier Latin title, beginning Seu Biblia parva Hebraeo-Latina, in quibus dicta insigniora omnia ex Codice Hebraeo . . . There is a Latin introduction followed by the text, comprised of the Hebrew text and below it Latin. This is an interpretive translation and not all verses are present.
Leipzig has a distinguished history of Hebrew printing. Some Hebrew lettering (from wood-blocks) appears in books printed in Leipzig even before 1500 and in the two decades following, as in Novenianus' Elementale Hebraicum, 1520. In 1533 appeared a Hebrew psalter, prepared by Anthonius Margarita (like Novenianus, a lecturer in Hebrew) and printed by his father-in-law, Melchior Lotther. Hebrew printing was resumed in the last quarter of the 17th century through the effort of the apostate F.A. Christiani, and among these productions was a beautiful edition of Isaac Abrabanel's commentary on the Latter Prophets (1685). Numerous books were printed, again by non-Jewish presses, in the 19th century, among them Maimonides' responsa and letters, edited by Mordecai b. Isaac Tamah, with H.L. Schnauss (1859). At the end of the 19th and early 20th century the leading Oriental printing house in Europe, W. Drugulin, produced, among other works, S. Mandelkern's famous Bible Concordance (for Veit and Co., 1896) and Antologia Hebraica (ed. by H. Brody and M. Wiener, 1922), for the Insel Verlag. By that time Leipzig had become the most important printing and publishing center in Germany. Drugulin designed a new type, taking early printing type as his model. Another new type was designed by Raphael Frank, cantor in Leipzig, in 1910, for the Berthold'sche Schriftgiesserei in Berlin.