Letter by R. Joseph Dov Fain -  p., 277:215 mm., light age staining, creased on folds, ink on stationary, Ashkenazic script, signed and dated.
Letter by R. Israel Porath, Chief Rabbi -  p., 255:180 mm., light age staining, creased on folds, ink on stationary, neat Ashkenazic script, signed and dated.
Letter by R. Isaac Meir b. Shraga Feivel Davidson -  p., 278:214 mm., light age staining, ink on stationary, signed, partially dated.
Letter by H. Rosenthal & Son Co. -  p., 184:216 mm., light age staining, ink on stationary, signed, not dated.
2. Letter (1929) by R. Joseph Dov Fain, Portland, Oregon, submitting a donation of $57.00 to Jerusalem yeshiva collected by the Ladies Auxiliary, chaired by the Rebbetzin (rabbi's wife). The letter list the women and their respective donations. The sum was a little fortune for the period. R. Joseph Dov b. Isaac Fain (b. 1884) was born in a suburb of Minsk, studied in the Telz, Volozhin, Slutsk Yeshivot and ordained by prominent leaders of the generation. At the outbreak of WWI he left for Portland where he distinguished himself in the rabbinate for half a century.
3. Letter (1924, Plainfield, New Jersey) by R. Israel Porath (1886-1974), "dean" of Cleveland's Orthodox rabbis for almost 5 decades, was born in Jerusalem, Erez Israel, received a traditional Talmudic education, and graduated from Jerusalem's Etz Chaim Yeshiva. In Erez Israel, R. Porath was responsible for negotiating with Turkish rulers regarding school affairs, and administered relief efforts for Jews during and after WWI. In 1923 he immigrated, accepting a pulpit in Plainfield, N.J. Two years later he became the rabbi at Cleveland's Congregation Oheb Zedek, a position he held for 14 years, afterwards serving Congregation Neveh Zedek for 6 years. In 1945 R. Porath became dean of Salanter Yeshiva in New York City, however he returned to Cleveland within a year to become rabbi of the Heights Jewish Center, remaining there until his retirement in 1972. R. Porath represented the Orthodox in Cleveland's Jewish community, serving as a trustee of the Orthodox Jewish Children's Home and Orthodox Old Home, and as chairman of the education committee of Yeshivath Adath B'nai Israel. He was a founder and chairman of Cleveland's Orthodox Rabbinical Council, and also served on councils and boards of the Jewish Community Council, Jewish Welfare Fed., and B'nai B'rith. In 1960, became an honorary life trustee of the Jewish Community Federation and honorary president of Cleveland Histadrut Ivrit. He received the A. H. Friedland Award of the Bureau of Jewish Education in 1968. R. Porath wrote an 8-volume outline of the Talmud. He married Miriam Tiktin in 1905 and had 7 children: Shoshana, Samuel, Tzvi, Benjamin, Ben Zion, Joseph, and David. R. Porath was buried in Israel.
4. Letter (1940's?) by R. Isaac Meir (Isadore Mayer) b. Shraga Feivel Davidson rabbi of the United Orthodox Jewish Community of Wilkes-Barre. East European Jews arrived in the 1870s, forming five Orthodox congregations. The principal Orthodox congregation is Ohav Zedek, founded by Hungarian Jews in 1902. R. Davidson became chief rabbi in 1920.
5. Submission of charity funds by the H. Rosenthal & Son Co. of Waterville Maine, 1931.
כתב מה'ר יוסף דוב פאין
כתב מה'ר ישראל פורת אב'ד קליולנד
כתב מה'ר יצחק מאיר דודזאהן